Thursday, August 9, 2012

Song of the Week - August 9th - I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons

It's Thursday, and that means it's time for me to reveal my pick for this week's Song of the Week. This one is brand new, just released Tuesday, and it's the new single from one of my favorite bands! My pick this week is...

I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons

I fell in love with Mumford and Sons about two years ago, and like everyone else, I've been anticipating their next album for so long. So imagine my surprise when I come home from work Tuesday night and I find that they've released the new single. The best thing about this song is that it sounds like it picks up right where the band's first album, Sigh No More, left off. The band has been adamant in the press about how the sound of this album will not change or vary from the sound of the first album. While some say that's not good for a band and that everyone needs to change their sound every now and then, I say that if Mumford and Sons sticks to the formula that won audiences over worldwide, they shouldn't change anything at all! The song itself sounds like a mashup of the band's biggest singles from the first album, Little Lion Man and The Cave, particularly with the shouted, repeated chorus. You'll soon find yourself singing along, "I will wait, I will wait for you!" The driving beat and busy production make this one a foot-stomper that you won't be able to get enough of. Remember, it's only a few more weeks until September 25th when the band's new album, Babel, hits stores! In the meantime, enjoy this song and let me know what you think in the comments below!

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment