Friday, August 31, 2012

Song of the Week - August 31st - Lights by Nellie Veitenheimer

Hello everyone! I took last week off, but I'm back (a day late, sorry!) with the Song of the Week. If you followed my recaps of The Glee Project, then you know of my eternal love for Nellie Veitenheimer, this season's best vocalist who placed 8th this season. Luckily, the exposure she gained on The Glee Project caught the attention of fans who have been craving to see what has been next for Nellie's career. Last week, Nellie gave her fans what they had been craving: an original song! Hence, my pick for this week's Song of the Week...

Lights by Nellie Veitenheimer




This mid-tempo ballad has the classic elements of an "Evan approved" song. A sweeping production that builds to the very end, unique vocals, and meaningful lyrics. Starting soft, the song builds into a beautiful late-at-night-walking-down-the-street-contemplating melody that is sure to get stuck in your head. Nellie's fans love her because of her unbelievable voice, which is put on full display here. I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that there was no editing done to Nellie's voice in this song, because she sounds flawless and natural. On top of all of this, the lyrics are so well done. The chorus details regrettable mistakes made while living under pressure: "Bright, bright lights/Spotlight makes it hard to see the stars at night/Every day has become my stage and I feel I have made one, two, three many mistakes." The song just delivers everything Nellie fans could have hoped for and more. And, of course, this is just the beginning for everyone's favorite Milkshake fan: she recently revealed via Twitter than her and fellow Glee Project contestant Shanna Henderson had finished co-writing a song together (although it's unknown at this point if both Shanna and Nellie will sing on the track), and Nellie is currently working on getting resources together for a debut album. Certainly, I will be watching! Check out Nellie Veitenheimer's track above and let me know if you think she's the real deal!

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment