Thursday, August 2, 2012

Song of the Week - August 2nd - Gimme Twice by The Royal Concept


It's Thursday, so that means it's time for my Song of the Week. Keeping in the alternative pop vein of last week's selection ("Some Nights" by fun.), I have selected this week's song and it is...

Gimme Twice by The Royal Concept


I'm sure a lot of people are thinking "Huh?!" But trust me on this one. The Royal Concept is a new band from Stockholm, and they just released their debut EP in the United States earlier this summer. If you are a fan of Phoenix, you'll love The Royal Concept. It's fun, frothy alternative pop for a perfect car ride with the windows down. Gimme Twice is the band's first single, but if you like what you hear, do not even hesitate to listen to the rest of the EP (especially my favorite "In The End" which I wanted to make my pick for this week, but I couldn't find a YouTube video). Pretty soon, you'll be shouting along with the chorus "I'm the one, I'm the one, I'm the one, I'm the one for you!" It's a great song and hopefully the band finds popularity in the States so we can hear even more music. Of course, if you love the band and they do get big, just remembered who introduced you to them first ;) Let me know what you think of this week's pick for Song of the Week, and tell me what music you're obsessing over currently!

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment